My name is Scott Einarson and for those of you that don’t know me, I’m the President of Billerica Youth Lacrosse in charge of both Boys and Girls programs. As you know, fundraising is an important part of keeping Billerica Youth Lacrosse able to offer this fast paced and exciting sport to the youth of our town. This year we will have only one major fundraising event. All funds raised go towards paying for our programs costs; including referee fees, league fees, goalie equipment, balls, nets, field maintenance, end of year cookout, and to help keep registration fees to a minimum for your families.
Key value-add and ongoing expenditures this year totaling over $35,000 include:
- Field turf rentals to support a sustainable Winter indoor program as well as the practices for the Spring season in advance of fields being ready
- Subsidies for the purchase of new uniforms this year due
- Purchase a new scoreboard for the Elks field
- Annual purchase of balls and equipment needed for our teams during the year.
- Annual field maintenance at the Elks.
This year, our “Shake Rattle and Roll Dueling Piano’s” fundraiser is being held on May 21th 2016 at the Billerica Lodge of Elks at 7PM, and we are looking forward to making this our biggest and best ever. The festivities include the music and fun, a basket raffle, 50/50 raffle, silent auction, cash bar, good times and more fun! BYL was able to lay the foundation for this fantastic night of entertainment, but we cannot do it without the selfless contributions of you, our dedicated parents.
How you can help? Consider these options to support the program (in addition or alternative to the fundraiser):
- Go to www.billericayouthlacrosse.com, it’s in your favorites, and purchase tickets. Single tickets are $ 25.00 and a table of 10 is $ 200.00. Invite your friends and family and make it a night to remember, and to look forward to doing again in 2017. Every ticket sold benefits all the children in the BYL family.
- Consider purchasing or support the sale of a corporate sponsorship (talk to your employer and explain that if they donate to BYL we are a non-profit and are eligible for a tax deduction and also have a banner add run for one year on our website)
- Consider selling raffle tickets online (opening week of May 15th)
- Buy lottery squares on our lottery board
If every player’s parent or guardian purchased 1 ticket, we would raise over $5,000. Now when we include our friends and families our 2017, Dueling Pianos fundraiser could be our best ever. Don’t wait, do it now. Join us at the Billerica Elks, May 21at 7. See you there.
If you would like to reach out to me with questions please feel free to send me an email at the address below.
Thank you all for your dedication to our program
President, Billerica Youth Lacrosse